Wealth Organizers Network
Amalgamated Foundation’s Wealth Organizers Network provides space for advisors to strategize, strengthen their political analysis, and create systems of accountability to BIPOC movements, the network aims to catalyze long-term and substantial financial impact on historically and systemically marginalized communities. We imagine a community of 20-25 wealth advisors that commit to a twelve week journey starting in January 2024 with bi-weekly virtual meetings to engage in political education and assessment of ‘money and movement’, strategic visioning and coordination. The application deadline is November 30th, 2023. The virtual program will begin in January 2024.
Note: Applications are now closed. We will notify the cohort of accepted participants in December.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should apply to the Wealth Organizers Network?
- Those who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color
- Philanthropic and Financial Advisors interested in supporting movements for racial, gender, and economic justice.
- Advisors with at least 5 years of experience working in the financial or philanthropic sector.
- Advisors working with individuals or institutions that participate in grantmaking.
What is the time commitment to participate in the Wealth Organizers Network?
- 12 week commitment to participate in bi-weekly virtual meetings for a total of 6 meetings.
Is there a fee to participate?
- There is no fee to participate in the cohort. This program is offered to participants through the support of Amalgamated Foundation and Amalgamated Bank.
I work for a large financial or philanthropic institution. Am I eligible to participate?
- Yes, we welcome advisors working within other institutions to join this network.
I am an independent advisor, am I eligible to apply?
- Yes, we welcome independent advisors to join this network. You do not need to be working within a financial or philanthropic institution to apply.
When will I hear back if I have been accepted?
- We will notify applicants of their acceptance in December.